Sunday, March 10, 2013

Springing Forward

Today is the beginning of Daylight Savings Time here in California.  The old reminder to "spring forward" by resetting the clock forward an hour has me eager to spring into warmer weather.  Today my hubby, Vic and I got just a taste of spring warmth as we ventured into our back yard to pull a few weeds and do some general upkeep under deceptively sunny skies.  Goosebumps aside, it felt good to get some stuff accomplished out there. Our labors resulted in a hint of renewal and now I feel assured that Spring is on its way.

For the past few months, I've had the ol' messy studio blues, and have not been very productive in my small-bedroom creative space.  Ya see, over the years I have accrued a hearty plethora of tools and supplies that have aided and comforted my artsy heart.  When the moving truck hauled my booty (ha!) down to the more southern reaches of the state a couple of years ago, the capacious studio I once had was sacrificed in lieu of wedded bliss.  I'm not saying the honeymoon is over, but this little room is feeling a bit cramped, as more and more of the beloved supplies make their way from the storage unit across town to my itty-bitty studio-ette.  It has come to the point where my craft room resembles one of those square puzzle games I used to have as a kid (pre-rubik's cube) - the kind where you slide rows and rows of squares around to get the numbers into order.  No matter what task I need to do in my room, it requires shuffling stacks of totes filled with potential creative components.  I am entertaining some very sincere hopes (amid promises) of a new, improved studio to come.  Patience, Laure, patience.  Overcoming the obstacles, literally, I've managed to produce a new bear who, with his calm demeanor, does not seem to mind all the chaos here.  I'm pleased to introduce to you, Sweet Mo-Mo Ruffles.


Mo-Mo is 17 inches of lovingly-aged sweetness.  You can see his details here on BearPile, and while you're at it, how about liking him on my Fool's Gold Bears page on Facebook too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your thoughts.