Friday, September 21, 2012

A New Boy-Toy 8 in.bear

As I mentioned last post, I have had it in my thoughts to start making some more toy-like bears.  As I was about ready to put pencil to paper, I was spending a few minutes on FaceBook (Is that possible?) when I came across a picture from one of my friends that stopped me in my tracks.  It was a pair of adorable Grizzly Bear cubs.  They totally captured my heart with their precious baby shapes.   I began doodling, and it wasn't long before I felt the challenge to see if I could duplicate that charming shape in 3-d.  I'm very happy with the outcome.  To stay in the theme of my original intention of making toy-style bears, I decided to make the features simple and looking a bit play-worn.  I removed some fur from the muzzle and paws and colored them dark, and refrained from adding eyelids.  I embroidered his nose a bit sparsely and added embroidered claws.  I may yet come up with some more naiive designs, but this little one is my first step in that direction.  You can see more of Boy-Toy's particulars and pictures on BearPile right thisaway.  If you like my bears and want to see my blog posts in your email inbox, I'd be delighted if you'd sign up on the right to become a follower.



Boy-Toy 8 in.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your thoughts.